Sold as a Box of 10's
Biatain Silicone is a soft, flexible and absorbent foam dressing with gentle silicone adhesive for general wound management. It can be used on a broad range of exuding wounds making Biatain Silicone the obvious choice for moist wound healing of commonly occurring wounds.
- Biatain Silicone is a soft and conformable polyurethane foam dressing with a semi-permeable, water- and bacteria proof top film and a soft silicone adhesive.
- Mode of action
When in contact with exudate the unique 3D foam structure of Biatain Silicone conforms closely to the wound bed and absorbs the exudate vertically; together with the lock-away layer it locks away the fluid within its structure, still leaving the wound moist for optimal moist wound healing conditions.
- The fluid handling properties of Biatain Silicone ensures optimal control of exudate thus minimizing risk of maceration and leakage.
- Secure fit
- The silicone wound contact layer provides a secure fit to keep the dressing in place while ensuring minimal pain upon removal.
- Non-touch opening
- Biatain Silicone has a 3-piece non-touch opening for aseptic, safe and easy application, reducing waste of dressings.
Soft, flexible and comfortable
- The soft and flexible design of Biatain Silicone ensures a closer fit to wound and body, and the foam pad at skin level makes Biatain Silicone comfortable to wear – even under compression.
- Bacteria and showerproof
- The semi-permeable top film is both bacteria- and shower proof
- Biatain Silicone can be used for a wide range of exuding wounds including leg ulcers, pressure ulcers, non-infected diabetic foot ulcers, donor sites, postoperative wounds and skin abrasions.
- Can be used with compression therapy.